Sunday, July 12, 2009

Summer if flying by so fast!

Okay so it's time to catch up on everything that's been happening over the past month. We did get Kelsey graduated from High School and that was fun. Then we took off for 10 days to California. I had a conference in San Diego for a few days and so we decided to make a family trip out it. We had a blast going to Sea World, San Diego Zoo, Wild Animal Park and Disneyland. We walked and walked and walked. The weather was good but not great. We were able to visit with Alan's family while we were there and also with my sister Susan's family. It was a great way to kick of the summer.

So now we are heavy into our summer schedule (except for Justin of course). Kelsey is working hard at my office running courier and helping with the research department. The 4th of July came so fast but it was fun. We stayed here and enjoyed a barbeque with family. The fireworks were great and it always makes me feel proud to live in such a wonderful place. I am convinced that we still have the best fireworks show around.

This past weekend we got to spend a day in Island Park at my sister Susan's cabin. The weather was beautiful and we got the opportunity to go boating and tubing. It was a blast. We came home sunburned and a little sore but with big smiles from having spent time with cousins and enjoying the surroundings.

Justin turned 14 this past month and was ordained to the office of a teacher. We are so proud of his accomplishments. This coming week Justin will be going on his first High Adventure activity with the Young Mens. They are going to Island Park (stopping at Big Judd's for a hamburger of course on the way) and staying at one of the leader's cabins. Over the next 3 days they are going to Yellowstone to go thru the Park, attend a play at the playmill, pan for gold at Virginia City, Float the Buffalo River, Mountain Bike down Mount Satell, and even get in a game of golf while they are there. He is excited and I am sure will come home very tired and probably more sunburned.

Kelsey is getting ready to attend Idaho State University and will move down to Pocatello in the fall. She is really excited and is pretty sure she has life all figured out for the moment.

We truly miss Jon, Lindsay, and Jordan while they are away for the summer in Washington D.C but they have had a great experience and I truly feel that they have grown from it. They have also had the opportunity to see a lot of sights in our Nations Capitol and realize more of our precious heritage. They will be back Aug/Sep in time for school at ISU. We are so very proud of them and thanks to my awesome, talented, daughter-in-law I can learn to blog (she still helps a lot because I am a slow learner) and keep in touch with more of my friends and family.

We hope that your summer is going well and send our love. The Leasks

2 comments:

  1. The pics turned out really fun! I'm glad you got to get away and enjoy some time w/o work!!! Yeah!!! And...I can't wait to taste your huckleberries!!!See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you guys have been super busy!! I was just thinking about how awesome you are Lori :) I was reminded this morning when I accidently spilled my HUGE bottle of metphormin, and how much you helped me out with all of that. Thanks again, next time I come to IF we need to do lunch again :) Love you! Megan

    ReplyDelete

Spring 2010

slide show